Bachelor of Science, Biology, Birmingham-Southern College, 1996.
Professional Associations and Training
- Certified Ecologist, 2008, Ecological Society of America
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Certificate, 2011
- Dave Rosgen Stream Restoration Courses Levels I, II, and III
- Basic Processes in Hydric Soils, 2011
- Wetland Delineation Course, 2010
- Taxonomy and Ecology of EPT, 2006
Mr. Mitchell has over fourteen years of experience with threatened and endangered species surveys, ecological monitoring associated with stream and wetland restoration, and stream and wetland delineation. Mr. Mitchell has worked at the private, federal, and state level performing field evaluations, managing data, and producing reports. His primary duties at ClearWater Environmental include stream and wetland delineation, GIS mapping, stream and wetland mitigation, threatened and endangered species surveys, and 404 and 401 environmental permitting.
Mr. Mitchell brings knowledge of ecological functions related to streams and wetlands as well as the ability to produce high quality mapping services and technical reports. His understanding of field technique and application make him an asset to the ClearWater team.